#1   ^
Old Tue, Apr-22-03, 13:22
Registered Member

Plan: adkins
Stats: 120/115/110
BF:
Progress: 50%
Unhappy Stopped Akins Belly Weight Back

I was doing Adkins really well for awhile but finally just couldn't take it. While on the diet I lost much of my stomach which is my BIG trouble area. My legs and arms are toooo skinny anyway so when my belly is fat, I look like a pumkin on stilts. Now that I've been off the diet my stomach is slowly coming back but my arms and legs are still thin.

This is what hurts:
A friend of mine told me a couple of months ago that I was getting to skinny! I told her I wasn't doing Adkins anymore and too not worry about it. BTW, this friend is overweight herself but all over, not just in one place.
Then this last weekend a friend of mine that I haven't seen in 8 years came to visit. We went shopping together and talked about how hard it was to find shirts that didn't show our belly fat. She to is overweight all over. Later this friend got real serious and said I wasn't "normal" looking. That is was abnormal for me to gain weight in my stomach but not anywhere else. She thinks something is wrong with me!
It hurt my feelings of course and then I told the other friend, mentioned above, what she had said and she didn't come to my defense but agreed! She even said I looked anorexia! That my belly was big from me not eating! What??? That is tooo crazy cause I do eat but not the right things these days like CARBS.

Needless to say my feelings are so hurt. I have been built this way all my life and have always hated it thus all the dieting through out my life. Now I feel like a freak!!

My husband who of course knows my body better then anyone else says that I'm fine. That my belly isn't even as big as it was before Adkins. Even so my self esteem is shot! I'm even afraid to ask anyone else what they think because I'm afraid they too will say I look abnormal!

I don't even know why I'm posting this but it's something I can't get off my mind. I even made a doctor's appt. to see if there is indeed something wrong with me. That will be on Thursday.

Does anyone else here have this problem? Of all your weight gain goes to your middle?

Also, I am short and short waisted and have a large rib cage. It seems I'm all upper belly fat as I can still wear a size 5 pants but need a large loose fitting top. Does this make sense?

Sorry for the long long post but I would appreciate any feedback. Right now I'm so depressed that I don't even want to get dressed or go anywhere.

Thanks for listening!
Sponsored Links