#4   ^
Old Tue, Apr-22-03, 09:31

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 299/249/165 Female 71"
BF:fat, what fat? LOL
Progress: 37%
Default oh yeah

Yeah,

Thsi diet is a 180 from what we have been fed for 20 years. I have lost and gained hundreds of pounds on the traditional weight watcher diets. It's just a losing battle on those diets. You starve yourself to lose fat and muscle and end up going off the deep end once it's over. Youe metabolism slows becasue your body thinks it's starving and it tells you to eat eat eat...and becasue your metabolism has slowed you put it on even faster and easier than the first time. Just stick with it. I have been doing the diet for 5 weeks and I have lost almost 20 lbs...

I think the idea that atkins is fast is a misconception...it's slow but sure. you can be sure that if you follow it you will lose weight or inches! I was skeptical too but the proof is in the pudding (or the loss of it). If you read the book it all makes sense too. I think when people say they've lost 100 lbs on teh diet people think the diet is quick becasue as everyone knows, no one can stick with a diet for that long...at least a traditional one. Anyway, try it for a month...if it doesn't work then be skeptical. It's hard at first becasuse there is more preparation with this diet for meals...but you will get in the groove. You also may want to do the induction phase for more than 2 weeks. Good luck!