View Single Post
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Apr-22-03, 01:08

Plan: Paleo/Primal
Stats: 330/258.2/150 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 40%
Default Going in for final (I hope) tests

I called my doctor. I have lab slips waiting for me for fasting blood sugar and an A1C test. I am dreading taking them. However, I look at all the blood sugar readings I've had in the last 4 days and I realize that it won't be any big shock to hear the big "D" word from my doctor.

I understand that Suzanne Somers got information from Dr. Schwarzbein on the scientific reasoning behind her diet. Dr. Schwarzbein even wrote the foreword in Suzanne's latest book. If I am going to read the Schwarz's book, how come I can't go for a diet she approves of?? BTW - most of the advice from diabetics following the Somersizing WOL is that carbs have to be kept at a minimum until weight is lost.
I agree that Dr. S and Dr. B are good people to read. They seem to be more scientifically centered, rather than the commercializm of the low-carb phenom.

I think any of the low-carb programs would be better than the crap the ADA/AMA have continued to spout to the public about how to eat healthfully. Watching a show today heard this and said "DUH! There's a connection people!! Figure it out before we all die!!!" Anyway - it was a person on a weight loss show saying "There are more and more low-fat and fat free products on the market and yet we, as a nation, continue to get fatter and fatter" or something to that effect. I was like - DUH!!!

Anyway. I am still not sure what direction to go in for this control thing. So many choices for low-carb plans.

Whatever I decide, my experimenting has shown that exercise HAS to be a part of my regimin. I had virtually the same carby meal a few days ago, no exercise PD, and my BG was 170 2 hr PD. Tonight went overboard again, but walked 2 miles afterward. 2 hr PD was 146. Still too high, I know. But, it really shows that if I don't exercise those carbs away I am getting much higher BG #'s.

I am really hoping that if I lose the 150 pounds I need to that I will see a dramatic improvement in my diabetes management.

Thanks for the input.

Melissa