Thread: Sabotage
View Single Post
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Apr-21-03, 16:14

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 197/199/170 Female 68 in
BF:
Progress: -7%

Ah yes.....The MIL problem. I was down in San Diego the week before last and I spent a night with my MIL down there. I had been telling her for months that I was coming down and gave her the date ~ 15 times. Her sister lives very close to her and I also informed her and her daughter, so they could keep the MIL posted. Besides, I wanted to see them, too. They all know that DH & I have been doing Atkin's since January. I was in the room when she and DH were on the phone discussing what I would possibly be able to eat when I came to visit.
He informed her that any meat was fine and most any veggies - he then launched into a long list.

2 days before I went to see her I called and she said they were planning on taking me out for dinner. Since I had been in a hotel all week, I was actually kinda looking forward to a quiet meal at home, but...I could tell she did not have a clue what to fix. (This from a woman who cooked in restaurants all her adult life). I arrive and they start discussing where to go. They all wanted Italian - but "You won't be able to eat anything!" I assured them that I had been eating out all week and had not had any problems. I made some inquiries regarding the food prep prior to ordering and asked that they make a few adjustments to my meal. The restaurant staff was very accomodating and I ate a lovely and satisfying LC meal.

I think they just like to be difficult.