View Single Post
  #12   ^
Old Mon, Apr-21-03, 10:57

Plan: LCHF/NK
Stats: 196/165.7/145 Female 5' 9"
BF:too much!
Progress: 59%

Hi L!

I am by no means an expert so perhaps I shouldn't be poking my nose in, but I'm a bit concerned here...

I certainly don't mean to be discouraging... I think your exercising is great and your'e doing a fantastic job... it's the calories I'm concerned about. If you're trying to do this on 1200 calories that's a big no, no! You'll be just wasting your muscles away instead of building them up. When you said in an earlier post that you had lost 6.2 lbs. of lean body mass, that means you lost 6 lbs. of muscle!!! You don't want to do that. You're goal should be to lose fat, not muscle. From what I understand you should be eating around 10 x your body weight and be sure to get enough protein so it will be available to repair your muscles after a work out.

Check out this Sticky posted by Natrushka. Even if you'e not doing BFL (Body For Life) it will explain a lot of what I've been telling you. There are other great posts regarding calories/protein/carbs and weighlifting too.

Please forgive me if I'm seeming like a know it all... I don't mean to come across like that. I'm only trying to help and I just hate to see you feeling weak and all your hard work not accomplishing what you want!

Keep up the good work!