View Single Post
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Apr-21-03, 07:48

Plan: Atkins/testing CAD
Stats: 198/184/145
BF:
Progress: 26%

I chose to try CAD after being on Atkins since end of February. My husband suggested CAD as a way of allowing us to eat more normally at dinner that we share together and have flexability to eat out on weekends, socialize, etc. He also felt at age 53 and in menopause that I was pushing my luck healthwise. So I put CAD to the test.

This is my 12th day on CAD and I believe its what I will continue doing because I'm still losing weight and I am still getting all the positive feelings of Atkins. I'm not having a problem keeping my RM balanced and I'm not overeating. I really think I have Atkins to thank for that. Atkins helped sort out my chemistry and weaned me off the junk food so now at my RM it feels like a treat just to have a potatoe or some fruit. My idea of a "treat" changed thanks to Atkins. I was worried that the carbs eaten at my RM may start me craving carbs again, but that hasn't happened. I don't see the RM as a chance to gorge on junk, but simply to provide myself with foods I don't eat during the other meals. Yogurt, fruit, grains are good foods that my body can use. So for me this plan is working but I wouldn't flip back and forth from Atkins to CAD, etc. but I do think Atkins was a good place to start to just change unhealthy eating habits.

People like the Hellers and Dr. Atkins gave us a lot of knowledge but at the end of the day we must all sort out that information and find out what works for us as individuals. Finding a way of eating and living that works for the long term is not a One Size Fits All kind of thing. It may take a little trial and error before a plan works that you can live with. Good luck with yours.