View Single Post
  #10   ^
Old Sun, Apr-20-03, 21:39

Plan: atkins/intermit. fasting
Stats: 166/136/135 Female 5'3''
BF:
Progress: 97%
Default Also

What we took for granted as a balanced diet really was not. Over- dosing in carbs caused our bodies to malfunction metabolically. I began to think of carbohydrates as being the glue that makes fats and cholesterol stick to our arteries and gut.

What fats are not burned, possibly, are used to keep the bowels regular. Think about it. Like myself, my family is African American. Once my sister opened a jar of her hair pomade and failed to return the top. This pomade contained olive oil and other oils. Her puppy thought it made a great meal and ate the entire jar. Do you see where I am going? Her puppy had the runs for days.

In the past, as for me, I not only ate bread, pasta,corn etc, I also ate candy, cake, popcorn. I used to get on the computer and eat a bowl of oreo cookies and a bowl of Lays potato chips ( Hey, they are not just for breakfast anymore ). I did not worry about how much I ate. I just ate it. I began noticing symptoms of hypoglycemia and carboholism. Diabetes runs in my family. If I had drastically limited carbs from the get-go, who knows, maybe I would be able to eat mashed potatoes or chick peas .