Old Sun, Apr-20-03, 19:48

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 320/220/195 Male 6'0"
BF:
Progress: 80%
Default Re: Am I like totally wierd??

Quote:
Originally posted by fulltank
I have tried Atkins before with success the first 2 weeks (lost about 25lbs I think I retain a ton of water weight), cheated and never went back. Since then I have tried probably 4-5 times not getting past day 1 or 2. It got alot harder. No the question on my wierdness.

25 pounds in 2 weeks ??? If you lose that easily...you could do a program with alot more flexibility. It sounds like you are eating ALOT of carbs. Try punching your meals into fitday. If your carb count is 800g or more...you might consider the option of just cutting down your carb consumption, if you can't handle a diet.

tacos: There are probably some low-carb Tacos somewhere. Anyone know where he can buy some ???

chips and salsa: There are Soy Chips. They don't taste quite the same. But, once you dunk them in sauce...I doubt you can actually taste the chip at all. Look for a Sugar-Free (Low-Carb) Alternative to Salsa.

pasta of all kinds: Only thing I could mention would be Atkins Low-Carb Pasta. Never tried it myself, but...if you pour tomato sauce on it as most people do, then you probably won't notice the taste.

potatos with cheese or ranch dressing: There are plenty of Sugar-Free, Low-Carb dressings. Find some and use it. Potatoes are a problem. I've seen some people say that Califlour and Daikon Radishes will work. But, I've never tried it myself. If there is a taste difference, it can again be deadened with sugar-free sauces.

bread and soda: You might consider a low-carb bread. Soy tastes horrible. So, you might consider Nature's Own Reduced Carb Bread which is 5g Net Carbs per slice. Not great, but a hell of alot better than the normal 14g a slice. For soda, consider Diet Rite...Yeah, I know it is a diet soda...but, it is the exception to the taste issue. Most diet sodas use Aspartame which can never pass as sugar to a Carb Addict. But, the Sucralose (Splenda) in Diet Rite makes it taste almost exactly like the real thing. You won't even know its diet from the taste.

Quote:
I am the person that soaks my food in condments. Extra ketshup, A1 sauce, BBQ sauce, fruit juices in the morning.

The sauces will probably be your best friend in this case. Personally, I hate sauces because I want to actually be able to taste the food I put them on. But, since you are going to dramatically change the taste of the food...masking it with tons of sauce might actually help you eat it. Just make sure to look for sugar-free/low-carb sauces. Not sure what to say about Fruit Juices. You might try making Kool-Aid or Flavor-Aid (from Unsweetened Mix) in your favorite flavors.

Quote:
The ketshup and the bun make the hamburger (I would rather have a bun with ketshup the just the burger lol). Chicken is only good extra crispy... I almost never use butter for anything except to make pasta creamy.

There are low carb buns out there. Look around and try them out. I normall wouldn't say this, biut viewing your situation, worst case scenario, if you absolutely can't stand low-carb buns...a couple buns probably won't be too bad. Based on your previous weight loss, you probably have a very high metabolism. But, if you don't lose...you probably should cut the buns down or completely out.

On a final note...use Stevia, Saccharin (Sweet-N-Low), or Sucralose (Splenda) in place of Sugar. Use slightly less Saccharin or Sucralose than you would Sugar or you will oversweeten.