View Single Post
  #7   ^
Old Sun, Apr-20-03, 17:21

Plan: General Low Carb
Stats: 415/338.8/170 Female 177cm
BF:unknown
Progress: 31%

Katie

First - congrats on your upcoming wedding, I'm sure you will have a wonderful day and be a stunning bride!

Now, thanks for posting your menu, from my point of view it looks fine, you are getting plenty of vegies with the salad and the broccoli (remember it needs to add up to 3 cups per day and salsa isn't veggies as tomato is a fruit), and eating a bit of fat with the sour cream, cheese, butter and dressing ...

Just an aside - that cheesecake is really high in carb value (there are others on this board which are lower in carbs if you want to check them out - try the Jello cheesecake (yum!)

To add some more fat to your diet if you wanted I'd add some butter to your breakfast casserole but thats about it, it looks like you are getting plenty of fat ....

But do as Rosebud suggested, read that site about wooshes it makes a lot of sense.

The other suggestion I'd have is to type that all into www.fitday.com (its a free website which a lot of us use to keep details of our food intake - you can make it open to public view (as mine is via the link in my signature line below)... and see how you are really going, that will give you your daily percentages and you want to aim for atleast 70% fat 25% protein and 5% carbs - I try to keep mine at 75% fat, 22% protein and 3% carbs... (remember though that Fitday doesn't subtract fibre from the count you have to do that yourself.)

I think after seeing your menu my opinion is that that it would be your muscle mass increasing due to exercise thats caused the weight gain, measure yourself and see if you are seeing a difference in cm/inches cause is what I think is going on here....

Try taking your measurements this morning, and in 1 week then jump on the scale and take a new set of measurements. That way daily fluctuations of weight and size kind of even out .....

I hope that helps Katie, and thank you for your kind words I don't have any before or after shots yet (I still have a long way to get before I have "after" shots, but one day I will post them ...

Oh and Katie, get yourself a journal - they are great and very helpful in this process... a great place to talk and get out everything you are feeling and reading others journals is often really inspiring and gives me lots of answers to questions I hadn't even voiced yet.....

Good luck

Fiona

*****Meagan Thats what they say, I didn't fall into that category either, I lost less than the 10% I need to loose but in the second month (as I only weigh myself every 4 weeks) I lost a LOT more. Congrats on being such a good Loser!

Fiona