View Single Post
  #6   ^
Old Sun, Apr-20-03, 16:10

Plan: Atkins Diet
Stats: 179/134/135
BF:
Progress: 102%

You're not weird. I always loved bread, potatoes, & cereal. I've never been a big meat or fat eater, so I thought I could never stick to this way of eating. But I've been doing it for over 4 months, & am down over 40lbs. It was tough at 1st, but it got easier, especially as I started seeing results. Which is more important to you- giving into cravings or your health & ultimate happiness. You can do this if you just make a real commitment. Fried chicken can be adapted- bread it with crushed pork rinds instead of flour. Tacos are out, but once you've past Induction there are low carb tortillas you can have; you could even try frying them for a more taco like shell. Condiments are readily available in a low carb variety of brands. Walden Farms offers all flavors of low carb salad dressings less than 1g of carbs per 2tbsp serving. They also make a great low-carb ketchup- less than 1g of carbs per 1tbsp. Tapatio hot sauce is already less than 1g per tsp, so you don't even need to find a low carb version. Wrap a burger in lettuce instead of a bun. There are low carb breads & buns now too, not until after Induction. There are so many options, all you have to do is try to be creative & do some research into all the new low carb products. Good luck.
God Bless,
Amy-Lynne