View Single Post
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Apr-19-03, 19:24

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 220/188/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 53%

I'm with MaryToU. Just start by cooking a proper dinner tonight. Then have a proper breakfast the next morning, and so on.

Throw away all the junk in your house. Have PLENTY of low carb snacks and aspirin around until you can get through withdrawals. And don't worry about eating too much during Induction (unless it's over your 20g carb count). I have read in several books that lots of protein is important for people going through sugar withdrawals.

I try to have at least 5 different veggies to choose from in my frig at all times. This helps to keep me from raiding the cookie jar. (I have 3 kids & a hubby who DO NOT do Atkins with me). Quick cooking veggies are always a good bet: asparagus, broccoli, squash, zucchini.

Beyond that, you just have to make the decision. It's hard when you are addicted to food. I've been there myself. You literally get sick when you give up the foods you crave. I remember reading that Dr. Atkins recommended weaning yourself off sugar & carbs if your addiction is too great. But at some point, you have to go cold turkey.

Best of luck to ya!