View Single Post
  #40   ^
Old Sat, Apr-19-03, 01:55

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 235/225/130
BF:
Progress: 10%

Hi Guys,

I'll be 56 in November.....Hard for me to relate to the term "Seniors" too... But, I'm definately a "Baby Boomer", a "60's Child".....Seems like just yesterday I was just out of high school and 115 lbs......Boy, time flies! I first encountered Dr. A in 1973....after I gained 50 lbs with my first son.....lost 60!...Everyone thought I was going to kill myself with this "Diet Fad".......Wish I would have stayed with the WOE from that time on! Didn't have too much problem with weight 'til I hit my 30's and had to go on BP medication......then all "hell" broke loose....gain, gain, gain!..........I too tried all the low-cal, low-fat diets.......they had me convinced too! God bless Dr. A! He knew all along. So, I have returned to what helped me before..... But now...It's so SLOW!.........So frustrating. Age, medication...etc.! Never thought I'd be where I am now (overweight)! But, here I am! This is my 2nd time around in the last year and a half....Stupidly gave up after 5 months of LCing... Lost 15 lbs (off for 4 months)...gained back 20! Back on WOE starting 2/24/2003...have Lost 10...and that's it...stall???? SLOW!...But, I'm trying...And I'll keep trying! Oh, for the days that I could drop 40 lbs in 2 to 3 months! Guess I murdered my "Golden Opportunity"...........Well Good luck everyone! KC