#2   ^
Old Fri, Apr-18-03, 20:23

Plan: General Low Carb
Stats: 415/338.8/170 Female 177cm
BF:unknown
Progress: 31%

Hi Katie

First congrats on your weight loss to date

In the two weeks of Induction you should expect to lose 10% of the total weight you need to loose - so taking what you lost into count it seems like you are on the right track...

Your body will stop and start, it will probably not lose weight equally and evenly each and every day, it needs to stop sometimes and balance itself out before starting again.

Exercise will increase muscle mass - muscle mass weighs more than fat therefore that could explain the gain, also the time of the month may also explain the gain so would tonnes of other factors.

My suggestion, don't do anything to change what you are doing right now, give it another week doing what you are doing.

A lot of people put too much emphasis on the weighing thing and less on the measurement idea in my book, yeah its great to see the weight go down (I weigh myself every 4 weeks I can't trust myself with a scale in the house - I'd get obsessed ) but measure yourself and see how that changes especially since you are exercising you should see good results!

Cheese can stall some people and others can eat it without any hassles, maybe if you posted a sample of your diet we can have a better look at what you are eating...

Oh and you can increase your fat intake by using more oil, butter, cream in your cooking - it doesn't have to be totally from cheese.

HTH

Fiona