View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Apr-18-03, 16:12

Plan: Neanderthin
Stats: 269/176/165 Male 68"
BF:55+%/23%/15%
Progress: 89%
Talking Good Stuff!

I tend to agree with everything you've said. However, I am a bit cautious about eating raw meat around these parts of the Great Northwest. Meat needs to be cooked because of the possibility of food poisoning...which I have been a victim of. On premise, i agree about raw meat, though. I have found that since starting this woe, I eat everything...I never used to do that. I always put the fat on the side...I was repulsed by it. Now, i look for it and it is the first thing I eat! I really love the "Rawness," but I err on the side of caution due to having suffered through a really awful bout of the "Cow's Revenge." I like elk meat, but it isn't fat enough for my present tastes. There is something very primal about eating deer, elk, snake, pheasant, wild turkey, squirrel...I wouldn't have touched these things a couple of years back, but now I want to get a big gun and go kill something for my dinner plate. Forget the "sport" of killing. I don't think of it as a "sport" to kill living creatures. They were put there for our use and enjoyment. I can use and enjoy one when I'm cooking and eating it. But, give me a gun, and point me to where the wild animals are, and I'll kill one without hesitation (after thanking him or her for giving me the opportunity to dine off them and become healthier), so I can eat it. Kind of reminds me of Douglas Adam's "Restaurant at the End of the Universe." Boy! I'll bet there are vegans whose ears are twitching just from what I've written. Maybe even a few from this forum. Oh, well. To each his own.