#7   ^
Old Fri, Apr-18-03, 12:59

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 196/196/175 Male 5'10"
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default Just'a thought

Hi all,

I started at the beginning of February. Because this was my very first ever "diet" I was absolutely rigid during induction. So, I lost a few pounds. Not many.

I am hardly a role model to follow. But I've gradually left induction, like sticking your toe in a pool of cold water instead of diving in.

What I've done is stop counting carbs.

I mean, did you ever tear off pieces of lettuce and put them in a little measuring cup to see how many cups you have ? Do you mash 'em down ? I just make a big bowl of salad. I like salad. I don't worry about the carbs.

I buy broccoli. It comes in a big bunch, held together by a blue rubber band. I just take a stalk, wash it, and steam it -- and enjoy eating it. How many cups ? How many carbs ? I have no clue. I don't put my brussel sprouts in a measuring cup. I eat all the spinach I want.

Thing is, if you never leave induction, you'll have no place to go back to if you smack into a long stall. Many folks encounter this. And anouther thing to think about is what folks here call "WOL." Way of life.

I mean, how do you intend to eat for the rest of your life ?