View Single Post
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Apr-18-03, 07:47

Plan: my own (S.Beach-ish)
Stats: 272.5/264.5/150 Female 69in
BF:
Progress: 7%

Hi muscledoc!

I'm a bodybuilder too. I've had six months off because of this candida thing. This is just my experience but I've been doing better at curing the candida since I lessened my workouts. Its been a month and a half of intense treatment and I'm just now starting to lift again! (at pitifully low weights!) I think the down time is crucial. Your body's trying to heal, it doesn't need the stress of intense workouts.

I don't know if you're familiar with Body for Life, by Bill Phillips, that's what I do. There's a recommended eating plan that's really very similar to the candida diet. Its a balance of lean protein, non-starchy carbs and vegetables. If you're up for it you can deal with your yeast problem while continuing workouts. (BodyRX could be modified easily for you, too) check out www.leanandstrong.com its a really great fitness community. They seem to be experts on everything related to bodybuilding, but I warn you they know nothing about candida!

About the supplements, where are your antifungals? or did I miss something?

I scored over 400 on Crook's test 7 weeks ago. I now score less than 100 and I have no "spit runners"now. Here's what I take:

am: two probiotics, multivitamin/mineral, borage oil
noon: one b-complex, two kyolic garlic, two caprystatin
pm: two grapeseed extract, two caprystatin

I've also followed an anti-candida diet to the T. I designed it myself, if you're interested I'll go into more detail. I thought the diets that I'd read about would take too long! What I've been doing is certainly working for me.

Sorry if none of this helps! I found out I had candida because my bodybuilding program had just stalled. It was more than a plateau, I was actually losing strength and gaining weight! The body just doesn't work right with a yeast overgrowth!

Oh, yeah! how long have you been taking three fiber capsules? Last week I added fiber- capsules, and it was an entire week of IBS-type symptoms...diarrhea, severe, constipation, severe. It didn't improve until I ate starchy stuff with no fiber in it. sort of balanced things out again. Now I'm back on plan. I think the extra fiber may not be necessary on a candida diet, because absolutely everything I'm eating is very high in fiber. Just my two cents.

TAke care!