View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Apr-17-03, 16:19

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 185/166.5/??
BF:
Progress: 23%
Default HI!!

The first thing that led me to think I had candida was skin problems- a nice red & itchy rash on the base of my scalp. This rash long predates Atkins and I also get it on my legs and arms in really dry weather- and I have tried everything for it- I had hoped that it would clear up with Atkins- so many people's skin problems do. But no luck- doing the deyeasting diet and supplements does seem to be helping ( the diet is a drag). However- if it clears up my skin, it will all be worth it!! What really surprised me was that the the more I read on candida, the more I was clued into other symptoms that I had as well. Things that I had just thought "OH- that's just the way I am". Fatigue and being a little ditzy are the 2 that come to mind. I blamed the fatigue on being overweight and the ditziness I just accepted. However- I have only had one vaginal yeast infection and it was over ten years ago, following the birth of my daughter. I don't know how much reading you have done on candida but my one suggestion would be to read all you can get your hands on- you might be surprised by some of candida's other nasty little symptoms- I know I was!!

I don't know of this helped but thought I would add my 2 cents-

Good Luck- Kara