View Single Post
  #14   ^
Old Thu, Apr-17-03, 14:57

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 280/230/145 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 37%

I had a similar experience in the cafeteria at work. I would get my roast beef slices, provolone cheese, some black olives, and a side of chicken salad. They gave such a generous serving, and it was really delicious!

I noted each and *every* time I would stall for 2 or 3 days (hence my nearly month long stalls). I even posted a remark here wondering if perhaps it was working nights, or somehow my schedule was causing a slower loss.

I mentioned it one night as I was preparing to go down for my dinner, that I was going to avoid the chicken salad as it seemed to stall me every time. I expressed this was somewhat experimental to see if it really was the chicken salad, and mentioned how odd it was, that none of the ingredients should cause a stall. Some chicken breast, a little celery, some mayo, no reason I could understand it causing the stall. Not *just* stalls, but going out of ketosis, too.

Someone piped up and said, "Oh I think they use low fat mayonaise."

I just stood there with a blank expression for a long minute.

I committed to removing the chicken salad. When I went down to get dinner, I asked. Yes, indeed, low fat mayo. Anywhere from 2-5 or more carbs per *tablespoon*. All sugar carbs... two months of wrong Fitday. 2 Months of wondering what I was doing wrong.

I expressed this may not be a good thing to do since an unwitting diabetic may come along thinking the chicken salad was A OK. They just shrugged.

I can chalk up to looooong stalls to my hospital cafeteria! Who would have guessed? Perhaps it also explained my craving for the chicken salad, as well. *sigh*

Owell, you live and you learn. Never eat mixed foods without asking, even if you do get wierd looks.