View Single Post
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Jul-03-01, 11:21

Plan: atkins
Stats: 152/140/115
BF:
Progress:

Wow, thanks for all the replies! I have skimed DANDR but not read it fully. I usually skip the scientific background because I believe in the diet and pretty much know how it works in basic metabolic terms.

Karen, the reason I didn't want to eat fatty meats and cream was because if I am not doing full on induction (still eating carbs) until sunday I wouldn't be getting good use of the fats because I would be still burning the carbs first and might not get to burning the fats (although I am exercising about 4 times a week). Basically, the only thing that I don't want to do is mess up induction by eating weird before I start.

Another strange thing, I did low carb for 2 weeks and I lost about 4 lbs. I was frustrated (because the first time I did low carb I lost faster than that in the beginning) so this last weekend I ate fast food 2 times and had ice cream. I got up this morning and had lost 5 lbs. How and why did this happen and should I keep the carbs low to keep this loss before I start induction on sunday?

Thanks for all the help and encouragement...I hope I haven't taken up too much time or space. Thanks a lot!!