View Single Post
  #13   ^
Old Thu, Apr-17-03, 09:43

Plan: Low carb
Stats: 20/08/00 Female 5'10"
BF:not/low/enough
Progress: 60%

I wish I were so blunt Jones.

I agree with how Ally handled it. I would have done the same thing. She was unjustly attacked and had every right to defend herself. Instead of preaching back about low-carb she simply stated a fact she knew to be true about organic foods. Had this girl been a true vegan as opposed to a social standing preaching vegan she would likely have known about her own way of eating --OR-- she would have said "Wow! I didn't know that. I'll have to check into it. Thanks."

My best friend is vegan. Not by ethical choice but by necessity. Her system is highly intolerant of most meats and dairy so it was simply the healthiest thing she could do for herself. She has to know her diet inside and out to find the hidden meat (sounds familiar huh?). I've learned alot from her. I never knew that there was animal derivatives in gelatin, or that bakeries often use animal lard to make their icing. Blucky!!!

I respect moral and ethical beliefs in any religion or lifestyle. If I had my way I'd prefer to be left alone about mine and not to be preached to but if someone feels the need to preach to me, they better hope they aren't hypocritical in their own beliefs, or I'll point it out. I know it sounds mean spirited but it's not intended that way. It falls under "practice what you preach" and most people who feel the need to don't.