View Single Post
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Apr-16-03, 20:40

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 220/188/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 53%

Sounds to me that this person is making fun of you, not your diet. She would probably make some stupid remark no matter what diet you were on.

First of all, I suggest that you don't discuss your diet with this woman. I wouldn't even talk about it in the same room with her.

She knows she is getting to you, so ignoring her or laughing it off won't make her stop. I would guess she sees you as easy prey for her hateful demeanor because she knows it's not in your nature to fight back.

You may have to go out on a limb on this one and fight back.

The next time she asks, "Are you eating again?" try one of these answers:
1. Yeah! And your lunch was great!
2. Are you talking again?
3. Are you breathing again?
4. Buzz off! Kiss off! *%$# off!

Maybe she'll shut up and leave you alone. Or maybe she will be even more hateful than before. Who knows? But I don't think that having a nice little chat with her about how it hurts your feelings when she makes these remarks to you is going to get you anywhere. She already knows she is hurting your feelings--that's why she is doing it. She thrives on it.

And don't try to figure out why she's doing it. She's just plain hateful. You'll never understand why she acts that way because you would never act that way yourself.

Of course, it's easy for me to give advice...I don't have to work with the witch. It must be horrible to have to get up every day and go to a job where you are harrassed! I wish you all the luck in the world with this one.

I wish you all the luck in the world.

P.S. Before I started Atkins, I would feel the need to eat again an hour after dinner. My husband used to say the EXACT