View Single Post
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Apr-16-03, 20:03

Plan: low carb for life
Stats: ???/???/??? Female 5' 11"
BF:
Progress: 100%
Default 5-htp

Hi- I have used the 5-htp. It was recommended by analyst to help me sleep. I'm very light sleeper and when awakened during the night I'm up for quite a while. I was told I would fall asleep faster, sleep sounder, and wake up very energetic. I used the product for about 2 weeks every night (war told the effects would be immediate, 1st use) I was not impressed. None of the above happened. I have since given up taking the supplement. I have about 3/4 of the bottle left and it was quite pricey. What I have gotten results with is coral calcium. The best coral calcium will have higher doses of magnesium (double digets). I really like this stuff and the sleep thing is just a bonus. I started taking for other reasons. What I have discovered over the years tho is that what works for you will not necessarily work for me and vise versa. It's a matter of hit and miss to find what is right for you. I have a whole cupboard fulll of misses to attest to that (haha). Happy hunting, hope you find what works for you.