View Single Post
  #10   ^
Old Wed, Apr-16-03, 18:48

Plan: Atkins Diet
Stats: 193/173/125
BF:
Progress: 29%

It would seem reasonable that if you were to stop the Atkins WOE that you would gain all your weight back and more. Most people probably go from Atkins back to a low fat diet. This would mean they are taking a larger number of carbs in, and since carbs are what make you fat, that is all the explanation you need. Plus most people that are on "diets" gain their weight back because they did not make their particular plan their WOE. I hear so often peope blame the Atkins diet when they are the only ones to blame. I can say this freely because I used to be one of those people.
I do get some people that say bad things about Atkins but I normally blow them off or sometimes ask them some questions I know they cannot answer because they have obviously never researched this plan.
On a lighter note, I do have to say that I have had more of a positive experience with talking to other people about Atkins. I have a support group started at work and we have about 15 people in our group. Many more people are asking for information now that some people in our group have hit 15-25 lbs lost. I'm also doing a healthy lifestyle pilot program with a local hospital and our local tv 10 news. Today I got an interview with tv 10 news and they specifially asked me about Atkins, so i got to give a positive message out to the public. I'm going to try to keep mentioning it in the next 7 weeks. I feel everyone deserves to know the truth!