#5   ^
Old Wed, Apr-16-03, 11:18
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 300/241/200 Male 6'
BF:20
Progress: 59%

I can really relate!

Before I went on LC I was the biggest critic!
I saw a buddy and his dad (a Dr.) go on the diet and sucessfully keep it off. I decided I wanted to lose weight, so I talked to him. I asked him every question I could think of.

so because I critized other people for going on it, I have little response when people talk to me about being on it. Because I said all the same things.

odd huh?

I have been on it for about 2 1/2 months. I plan to be on it till August. I still have a problem believing it is a healthy diet. I eat a lot of meat and fatty foods. I take my vitamins. Sometimes twice a day. I try to get my exercise in. I have been working 12 hour days lately and it has not been pratical.

I look at the low carb thing this way: I am eating, basically, the same as everyone around me. Except, I don't eat the breads and sweets. I figure doing this for 6 months and losing (hopefully) my desired 70 pounds is healthier in the long run then being 70 pounds overweight.

I think it is very important to have a plan. After I get to 230 I plan to continue to watch what I eat. I have found that taking my lunch to work really helps me watch what I eat. It takes a lot of the spontanous fast food stops out of my schedule. Fast food is killing us!!

I wish everybody the best!!