#1   ^
Old Wed, Apr-16-03, 09:27
Registered Member

Plan: General Low-carb
Stats: 146/120/110 Female 5'2"
BF:36%/24%/20%
Progress: 72%
Angry I'm so discouraged.

I have been low-carbing, doing Atkins, since mid-January and am very happy with the WOL. I feel better, more energy, better skin, etc. I follow the program strictly and wouldn't even have a bite of my favorite gourmet chocolate cake on my birthday last week. At first, the weight fell off and I was so happy knowing that I would be at my goal weight with no problem by the time my DH and I left for our beach vacation mid-May.
But then I reached that magic weight: 128. It's the weight that I could never get past after I had my first child, and now I'm stuck at it again. I haven't been able to get past it for over a month and keep going between 128-130 on my scale (tho my clothes fit the same). My body fat is holding strong at 26% BF also, won't budge any lower.
I exercise (aerobic weight-training) and follow the diet to the letter, I've even lowered carb intake again, but it's not budging. I am not doing anything different except eating LESS carbs than when I was still losing 1-2lbs weekly. I am so p*ssed!!!!!!!!!! Jeez, it makes me so mad!! Why is my stupid body so stubborn about this????????????? Before my kids, I was 120 lbs, 17% body fat, and ate anything I wanted, all day long, every day. I was a size 2 or 4 (depending on make of clothing) and pretty happy with my figure. Granted, I'm not big now but I am quite short and hate looking so dumpy with this extra 10lbs on me. Before the kids, my DH was the guy with the hot wife. Now, he's the guy with the wife who was hot before she had kids, now look how she's let herself go.
Sponsored Links