View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Wed, Apr-16-03, 09:17

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 280/230/145 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 37%
Talking Not losing right now, but I don't care!

I have been in a stall again for some time, but now this is my second long term stall, I know persistance will pay off.

It doesn't bother me so much this time, because I feel *so* much better! I even posted in the Atkin's section that I changed my Fitday profile in the lifestyle section. It was a moving moment in my new WOL.

I had so much leg and foot pain, low back pain, and a whole myriad of other problems and they all seem to have vanished. My blood sugars are stable, no more hypoglycemia, and my blood pressure has gotten so low I am a bit worried.

I used to have to sit to do dishes, or stand a while then sit and take a long break. Cleaning up the dinner dishes could sometimes take me an hour or more, and I would find myself leaving things to "finish later". No more.

We moved the refrigerator and cleaned behind it, washed the walls and swept out the dust build up. I would have done nothing more than whimper at the thought of this type of activity only a few short months ago. Spring cleaning was something I "used to do". Now, it is something I am DOING.

I can do laundry now. I can bend to put things into the dryer, and take them out. I stand to hang clothes, and fold the sheets instead of sitting and wadding them up.

I used to be so ashamed of not being a good wife or mother due to physical limitations. I am now feeling more complete and more like the wife I used to be.

So I am stalled. But I don't care! The woman I used to be is no more, the shame is gone, the self punishment is such a distant past now, it almost seems like a bad dream that I couldn't wake up from.

I did wake, the 4th day of induction when that fog lifted off my brain and my heart began to beat with a newfound strength. I was reborn, almost literally.

So yeah, I am stalled, but I don't care!
Sponsored Links