#5   ^
Old Wed, Apr-16-03, 09:14
Registered Member

Plan: General Low-carb
Stats: 146/120/110 Female 5'2"
BF:36%/24%/20%
Progress: 72%

That article wasn't accurate.
The fat won't come back, faster, on only the areas that you had lipo on. And, chances are good that if you are careful about your eating/exercising (which a lot of people are after spending the $$ on cosmetic surgery), it won't ever come back. Some parts of your body will never respond to weight loss efforts, and will hang with you unless you become dramatically too thin for your body-like saddle-bags, and fat pads on the inner knees. Before my 2 kids, I was a size 2 or 4 depending on designer and 17% body fat. I still had fat inner knees and saddle-bags, they were just smaller. I actually was scheduled for lipo on my saddle-bags, inner thighs and inner knees when I found I was pregnant with my 2nd child. I still plan on having it done when she is old enough for me to be away from her for a night.
As for the tummy tuck, hanging skin from pregnancies and surgeries are another thing that won't always respond to weight-loss efforts. I think it's great that you're having done what you want to have done to feel good about your body. A lot of people will disagree with our opinion on this, but it's your body and if you want to do it to feel better about yourself, I say Good for You!