View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Wed, Apr-16-03, 02:06

Plan: M&E no cheese no cream
Stats: 286/277.8/175 Female 170 cms
BF:130/126.1/80 KILO
Progress: 7%
Default belated intro Willeke

Good morning, I visited this part of the forum in the beginning, when I had just started Atkins (for the tird time), but never really introduced myself, so here goes.
I first did Atkins in the seventies and it went wonderful. I was in my twenties and the weight just flew away, and I felt great.
It stayed right off, too, until the doctor gave me tranquilizers to cope better with the illness and death of my young sister-in-law. Those pills made me gain back 20 pounds in 2 weeks and took away my determination to stay on Atkins. So in the course of time I gained it all back and a lot more.
The second time was the end of the eighties. It went a bit slower, but still, it worked great. I was end thirties then and didn't even have a scale, but went by my clothes and it went fine. That was when I lived in Australia, and when I came back in the Netherlands, I was so stupid to not want to hurt people and say no when they offered me cookies etcetera, so there I went again.
A few years ago my doctor gave me Paxil, which made me gain 30 pounds in 3 months and when I realised that - I didn't weigh myself for I was careful with what I ate - it wouldn't go off however low in calories I went, and I felt dreadful on them anyway. In the course of 2001 I weaned myself off the Paxil - very very slowly - but still my weight wouldn't budge. I started
the Radiant Recovery Program, (Potatoes, not Prozac) and with that I lost 6 pounds or so in 10 months' time. I did the weightloss part of that program from January 2002, and I was hungry all the time, and that was not too good for my mood!
So then I decided to give that up and I switched to Atkins in November 2002. I feel much better and am never hungry and although I can't even have cheese or nuts and lose weight very very slowly, I am losing and feel so much better. I have even been able to do away with the BP medicine, which I am really pleased about.
I have adjusted my weight this morning; I had put my target on 200 pounds, but 180 would be more realistic, so here I am, still need to lose almost a 100 pounds, but with 20 pounds a year I'll get there, too!
I can't promise I'll visit every day, but will do so regularly, and will now go and sign in for the year's commitment, I like that idea!

Willeke
Sponsored Links