View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Tue, Apr-15-03, 20:37

Plan: protien power/Low carb
Stats: 234/234/158 Female 5'8
BF:
Progress: 0%
Question low carb not socially acceptable. Help!

Hi, well...i have been on Protein Power for almost a 4 weeks, and i love it. The problem is-coming out as a low carber- The first few times i told people i was doing protein power-i got such a negative response that i almost didn't want to tell anyone else. My boss tells everyone that i'm loosing weight, so then people ask me how-i tell them-and i get a really bad response and a weird look. It's really hard. Low carbing is just not socially acceptable at all. People do not understand that this is my way of life now.

I was at a bridal shower on sunday, and when i asked if there was sugar added in one of the dishes-i got a nasty look from the server-as if i was insulting her for asking. i lied and told them i was a diabetic. (i know, i know...but i didn't want to go through it again). Has anyone gone through these type of situations?

And, do you also get this: When I eat my lunch, I put my dressing on my salad-and my boss tells me how it's not good to eat all that fat...or cheese.....How do you tell people(in a simple way) that it is okay to eat fat?

thanks roxie
Sponsored Links