#7   ^
Old Tue, Apr-15-03, 11:03
Urban Jungle Denizen

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 180/165/150 Female 5'10"
BF:
Progress: 50%

Welcome!

I want to add to the support and faith that everyone here has expressed - you can do it.

But here is your kick in the pants:

Everytime you eat, you make a choice. And every time you choose the wrong thing, you are engaging in self sabotage. You don't have to be on a diet first in order to be sabotaging yourself - like many of us, you may have been doing it your whole life.

I don't know how tall you are, and I believe what you say about carrying your weight... but... but... your goal weight is quite a long way off, and that makes me suspect that perhaps you are making some excuses for not making the change? It is indeed a scary step to take. Kind of like diving off a high dive...

I don't mean to be harsh - but I do believe in being honest. Please, please, please make the move! You will feel better about yourself, and you will find a LOT of great support here.

It honestly isn't that hard - don't think about the rest of your life every time you think about it - think about your next/current meal. Make some chicken and salad, or steak with veggies. Hold the potato.

And voila! You are in the WOL (way of life).