View Single Post
  #9   ^
Old Mon, Apr-14-03, 22:54

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 230/???/130
BF:
Progress: 20%

I am not the norm here on breakfast as I LOVE breakfast foods, eggs any ole way and breakfast meats! Oh and omelets yummmmy
Anyway, with that said. I miss my pancakes, french toast. But there is a recipe in the breakfast area for mock french toast and its great...huge raves about it. It consists of pork rinds, eggs and sf maple syrup...sounds strange, but actually turns out very good.

But here's something coming from the south that we always had for dinner that I eat for breakfast you might enjoy. Either use poke salad (a southern type veggie that has a short season) or use spinach. Drain it VERY well. Butter a skillet, and fry it till its almost out of moisture, then add in a few beaten eggs. Scramble till done like scramble eggs. Its great alone or right before its done toss in cheese of your choice, even just topping with fresh parm is great. I love it. Oh and also never forget if you are a spicey lover... tossing a lil louisiana hot sauce or sliced jalepenos on top of your eggs, makes for an extra bite in the morn.

Oh and try out different breakfast meats. Real smoked souther sausage is so very tasty.
Also, I found that what I usta like so much about having my Saturday morning family pancakes and bacon or sausage, was the maple syrup on my meat. MMMMM so off and on, I use a lil sf maple syrup on my breakfast meats.

Oh yea..and somewhere in those recipes here, someone has a decent recipe for mock hashbrowns.
I tried the mock danish but I'm assuming I messed it up cos it went right in the trash hehehe
Good luck