#3   ^
Old Mon, Jul-02-01, 12:43

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 265/244/145 Female 62inches
BF:
Progress: 18%

Hi Julie,

Welcome!!

I'm fairly new to this myself, so I'm not an expert, but I echo Stina, it's a good idea to keep a food journal. Write down exactly how many carbs you eat, how much protein etc. Depending on what kind of cheese, nuts, salad dressings, etc. the carbs can add up. When I was just 'estimating' it, I didn't lose as much as I am now, with strict records. Posting in the BootCamp section has helped me tremendously. Also another possibility is maybe you're not eating enough? Have to eat plenty of high-quality protein to boost your metabolism and fuel your fat-burning machine. Or maybe you've lost 2 lbs fat, but gained 3 pounds muscle. That's fine, because they'll end up helping you to burn more fat in the long run. I'd also jump in and tell you to go by how you feel, and how your clothes fit, not by what the scale says, but I can't because I'm guilty of weighing everyday, so maybe someone else will be able to come give you that advice. But stick to it and don't get discouraged. If you follow it dilligently, you will lose fat steadily. Keep us posted on your progress,
Jeanette