View Single Post
  #6   ^
Old Sun, Apr-13-03, 18:49

Plan: General Low-Carb
Stats: 225/181/175 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress: 88%

Thanks for the advice and help! Boy do I feel stupid about that broiler thing... but you know, in all the years I was growing up, I don't think I ever saw my mother use the broiler on our oven? And she went to college on a Betty Crocker scholarship. We're talking expert cook here. (I mooched some cooking skills off her, but since I left home two years prematurely to go to boarding school, I didn't get the full cooking education I could have had). I honest to god have never seen one used before. Now I know! Good stuff, good stuff. Gonna have to try that one out again.

So I tried the veggies tonight, just zucchini and squash to start. I dredged them in olive oil, salt, pepper, paprika and Mrs. Dash (okay, so my spices leave something to be desired!) I wasn't sure how long to cook them in the broiler, but the whole thing ended up taking about half an hour.

I think I overcooked them - they came out a little mushier than I intended. But the grilled taste was great, and the mozzarella added some good flavor.

I'm going to give it another try, and investigate this broiler thing some more.

So thanks, Karen and cptkirk!