View Single Post
  #11   ^
Old Sun, Apr-13-03, 17:48
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins? Protien Power?
Stats: 220/193/150 Female 5'6"
BF:Unknown
Progress: 39%

I'm new here, but I've done some kind of aerobic walking almost every day. Today I tried pool jogging and just about had a heart attack. Its excellent! You can work as hard or as light as you want and everyone was puffing away. Best of all, with pool exercises, I didn't feel any stress on my knees AND I was completely covered from shoulders down. I did the "hide behind the towel casually pretending you don't realize it is strategically hiding everything from neck to knees" then I leap in as quickly as possible. That was the hardest part for me, but I noticed other equaly unattractive bodies there too. I really enjoyed it..

If there are no clasess in your area, the instructor said one could do this alone. You look stupid, but hey...... Here's what you do. Get in water deep enough so it is about chest high. Then start running or walking quickly pumping your arms back and forth just as if you're walking on a sidewalk. When you've warmed up (2-3 minutes), then put a little trunk twist in. As you are jogging, move the alternate arm toward the alternate leg.This is a little movement, not bend over, drown and throw your back out. Also try to do jumping jacks. For those more advanced he recommended going into the deep, deep end and just treading water for 20 minutes. Yah-- I'm up to that one. lol

Good Luck and I hope you give the pool a try.