View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Mon, Jul-02-01, 10:42
Registered Member

Plan: Dr. Atkins
Stats: 188/171/130-140
BF:
Progress:
Exclamation Need advice for diabetic father in law.

My 65 year old father in law (Fred) is diabetic and was for ten years or so before he found out. I think it's been ten years since the diagnosis.
Just in the past few months we have seen a dramatic decline in his health.

Now... I'm talking about a German man who, in his thirties, was still incredibly strong and especially strong willed and mentally strong ( engineer ).
I've seen old home videos of this man carrying twenty foot long trees that he cut down, one under each arm.
His mental strength was such that, he told himself that the trees had to go from here to there so he just did it.

He also was a heavy drinker until last year.

He suffered from a stroke a couple of years ago ( 5 or 6 ).
He went through denial about it and tried to keep doing all the things he used to be able to.

He's very slow now and is starting to need amputation on his toes, some already missing and now it's gone into the bones up his legs. This to man who always has to be on the move who now needs a cane.
His thinking has slowed down very much.
He doesn't catch on so fast anymore and you can see that it takes a long time for him to calculate any information.

There's much more to his story, but what I finished describing is what my family is most worried about.
Can anyone give any info on how to maybe slow down his rapid deterioration? Could this diet help or is it too late.
Thank you.
Lisa and Craig.

& Fred's wife.
Sponsored Links