View Single Post
  #9   ^
Old Sun, Apr-13-03, 08:31

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 250/202/145
BF:
Progress: 46%

I was at my doctors a week ago getting my pap. On the table in the waiting room was a bunch of flyers on diet and dietbeties. It was that OLD FOOD PRYAMID which allows 6 breads and grains and very little fat or protien. This is what the patients are given by their health profesional.

My doctor has taken an interest in my diet. He has noticed that my blood pressure has gone down and that my cholesteral is great. I think he is still on the fence but his ears picked up when I mentioned I no longer get the blood sugar highs and lows. I think he is going to read Atkins. I can tell that he is really stressed over the amount of paitents he has with diabeties. But AGAIN, I am sure it is very scary for him to recomend something that goes against everything he was taught.

I would say many of us on Atkins probably have a pretty rebellious streak in us. It takes lots of courage to do something that is so against the norm, even when it comes down to your health. It has been great that recently there has been lots of positive buzz surrounding LCing... but think, what was your attitude when you first heard of it? It took me nearly 5 years before I knew this is what I needed to do and I knew about Atkins since the 70s. My dad was on it and lots LOTS of weight but my mom still blames her gallblader surgery on the high fat, high protein diet we were all on back then.

Almost everyone at work knows i am on Atkins but you won;t believe how many people say.. "you want a granola bar? You can have that, right?" The ignorance is high and will be that way for quite sometime.