#9   ^
Old Sun, Apr-13-03, 08:24

Plan: Atkins/BFL
Stats: 325/287/150
BF:
Progress: 22%

Time to regroup on this fitness thing.

In the 2 months I've been doing LC, I've done the following fitness activities:

<B>Treadmill</B> -- good aerobics, and I need to start doing that again.
<B>Stationary weight machine</B> -- didn't feel like it was doing anything -- probably because I had no idea what I was doing!
<B>Free weights/Joyce Vedral</B> -- took me 90 minutes for each workout, and I found myself skipping because of that.
<B>Pilates DVD</B> -- this one was obviously meant for someone at a higher level of fitness!
<B><I>The Firm</I> DVD</B> -- I could not keep up. The "instructor" moved very quickly, and I couldn't get my body to turn/switch that fast. So I got frustrated.

So ... yesterday, I took all the DVD's to a store that buys used ones -- and then I took my cash to the bookstore, and bought <I>Body For Life</I>. Nat has posted some really excellent instructions on how to integrate Atkins w/BFL, and I'm going to give it a shot. The biggest commitment I will have to make will be to get up early so I can work out before eating breakfast and going to work; all my workouts thus far have been late in the evening, after dinner. That could be why they have not been as effective as I'd hoped!

When I joined this Forum, I made an inner commitment to complete honesty ... it's hard to come to my Gym Log, and admit that I've flopped around like a flounder when it comes to fitness. It's especially hard to admit that, given that I joined the Mighty Mischa Fitness Challenge () -- I feel like a novice in the company of champions! But I'm not giving up, even if it takes me half of the Challenge period to figure out what works for me.

Today, then, is a "day off" -- a day of planning and reading, of realigning my inner focus and preparing to meet the Fitness Challenge with a new strategy. I will (definitely, not hopefully) have new experiences to report when I come to my Gym Log tomorrow night!