Thread: sick
View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Apr-12-03, 19:54

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 220/188/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 53%

It looks like your Doc has you on what resembles a clear liquid diet with a few carbs for substinence.
Does any doctor really think that consuming large quantities of sugary Sprite will help someone get well?
I don't think he would have offered you the same diet if you were diabetic, and he probably wouldn't have offered it to you if he knew you were LC (providing he didn't frown upon that WOE).

From your post I'm going to assume you had a stomach bug. Your digestive system will shut down until it can get rid of the virus. In the meantime, eat foods that are easy to digest. I don't recommend milk or ice cream because of the lactose in them.

Hopefully you or someone in your home can boil a chicken for you. Pick the meat off the bone and throw it back in the pot with the broth. Add some finely chopped celery (many herbalists recommend it for its healing properties),lots of salt , and VIOLA!!! There's your chicken soup. I haven't been able to find any canned soup that wasn't loaded with corn syrup, hydrolyzed wheat protein (a.k.a. MSG), or some other off-limits ingredient). Try this for day one, then see how YOU feel about adding more foods. Sometimes it doesn't take a whole three days to get over the crud.
My kids' doctor says to eat whatever you think you can handle. It's probably just a matter of professional opinion. And some doctors just blurt out a textbook response since they overpaid for that higher education. (Oops! Was that too ugly? Sorry, my husband and I have worked with too many doctors and surgeons for the past 12 years)

And all you should need to drink is water. (What in the world did people do before soft drinks & Gatorade? ) Chamomile tea might be nice too.
And rest, rest, rest!

Of course, all of the above is just my opinion.

Hope you feel better and can back to your normal self soon.
(And this is fact)

Amy Mc