Old Sat, Apr-12-03, 16:23
Registered Member

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 163/156/120 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 16%
Default Initial Questions

Hi,

I have been on the Atkins diet and I hate it. I have lost about 15 pounds. The past few days I have had carbs with my dinner and it really has not made me gain wait and I am still in Ketosis. I was reading this forum and the CAD diet sounds interesting and I think that I would have more success on this diet than Atkins.

I plan on going to the bookstore tomorrow to buy the book but I have a few initial questions before I switch diets.

What is the difference with CAD & CALP and which book should I buy.

I have some eating issues. I cannot eat breakfast on workdays. I cannot eat that early. At lunch I have been eating a ceasar salad with grilled chicken and blue cheese dressing. Then I have dinner.
Is it a problem on this diet to have only one low carb meal (4) and one low carb snack? The I can have my rewards meal. Or do I replace the meal I am missing with beef jerkey or cheese or something,

Also as for the rewards meal. I hate vegetables. There is no way for me to eat them. Can I eat my salad as my vegetable part of the meal?

Also are these combos ok for the rewards meal:

chicken, french fries, salad
cheeseburger, salad, ice cream
steak, 1/2 potatoe, salad, piece of cake

I am sorry to be repetative but I just would like to know a few things before I go out and buy another book and make the change to this diet.

Also, say you are out to eat and you want some cake for dessert and you are having some french fries as well. That is obviosly more carbs, can you eat a larger portion of chicken and salad to make sure that you are balanced?

Thanks to anyone who helps me with these questions.

I am also working out. I go to curves 4-5 times a week.
Sponsored Links