#3   ^
Old Sat, Apr-12-03, 16:18
Stepford Malfunction

Plan: FatFlush inspired
Stats: 143.5/132/130 Female 62.5 inches
BF:37%/25.%/19%
Progress: 85%

Kristine

I can understand how upset you are - and I know you "need to vent" don't we all from time to time. I'm thinking that it was probably just a faux pas on the part of the sender. Especially since they were a family member and who knows how knowledgable they were as to all the contributing factors to the end situation. They probably just weren't thinking when they sent the basket and meant only the best. I know this dosen't change anything - but maybe it'll help you feel a bit different. I know myself I am always uncomfortable in situations where severe illness or death is involved. When my father-in-law died 2 years ago I had never been to a funeral in my life and although I was greiving for him I knew his sons and daughters were probably in much more pain than I and I felt unsure as what to say or do. In similar situations I always feel unsure and at times I probably screw up while meaning to do well. All this aside - yes people do need more education on nutrition. So sorry about your freind and hope that he can attain a good rehab.