View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Sat, Apr-12-03, 16:01
Forum Moderator

Plan: Primal/P:E
Stats: 171/145/145 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 100%
Angry I Need To Vent. Our Society Sucks.

Okay. I can almost understand backlash against low-carbing as a fad diet. I can almost understand the knee-jerk reaction people have, assuming we eat nothing but eggs and raw bacon (isn't that right?)

But <b>when</b> are people going to realize how dangerous it is to chronically, massively, societally overdose on carbohydrates?!! When?! How many diabetics? How many dying 30- and 40-year-olds? How many overweight children?

My coworker's husband just had to have his legs amputated because of chronic poorly-managed diabetes. He'll be in the hospital for a while. Well, my co-worker was going on about the lovely cookie basket he was sent by a family member. My jaw hit the floor. Can you imagine sending a dying diabetic <b>cookies?!?!</b> Yet I was the only person listening to this conversation that thought so! Everyone else's reaction was, "how nice." I was stunned! Can you <b>imagine?!</b> I don't know what stunned me more: the fact that someone was ignorant enough to do it, or the fact that no one else thought it was wierd!

When? <b>When</b> is it going to sink in?!
Sponsored Links