#1   ^
Old Sat, Apr-12-03, 15:22
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 268.5/262/150 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 5%
Question Doctors & low-carb

I don't think I have PCOS, but we're still having trouble conceiving and well, I'm not sure this post belongs in this folder, but it certainly doesn't go well anywhere else. I'm just needing to vent a little. My husband and I just went for the intro class at our hmo's fertility clinic. First we have to send in some health history questionnairs and he has to drop off his sperm at the lab, then they'll call us and make the first appointment.

Well, on the questionnaires, there was a place that asked me if I am on any special diet (it wasn't on his forms though). DH made me tell the truth, even though I'm a bit nervous disclosing to a doctor that I'm low-carbing. Basically because so many people on these forums have talked about the trouble theirs docs have given them. I keep telling myself about how low-carb is a recognized treatment for PCOS and that RE's treat PCOS, so they generally speaking, shouldn't be opposed to it. I'm just worried that the doc is going to want to blame our unsuccess on low-carbing! Of course, worry is my middle name!

Anyway, I'm just wondering, for those of you seeing RE's, were they pro or con low-carb? I'm just really hoping that I don't have to "convince" the doc that low-carb is ok.
Sponsored Links