View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Sat, Apr-12-03, 00:56

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 185/164/135
BF:
Progress: 42%
Default Feeling discouraged? Sometimes it's the little things...

Hi everyone,

I've been on Atkins for a while (8 months) and have lost about 20 pounds. While I am committed to this WOE, I haven't lost more than a pound or two in the past four months.

Nonetheless, I keep plodding on. Why? Well, although the scale doesn't seem to be on my side (the "Devil Box" as someone has called it), I get caught off guard from time to time about how my body is changing in other positive ways... Some recent examples:

- The smudge I thought I saw on my cheek in the mirror the other day was really the emergence of my cheekbones
- After putting on my workout shorts after months of not exercising, I didn't notice the cellulite around my knees (it's still there, but less visible!)
- Someone in the office mistook me for another (thinner) colleague from behind
- I realized I could tuck in my shirts and didn't have to hide behind layers of clothes

These are small little changes that I've noticed, although the scale is not moving. I think about these things when I am feeling discouraged.

I also think about what I WOULD have weighed by now had I not started Atkins 8 months ago. I was gaining about one pound a month (on average) with my old WOE. So, if I compare my current weight to my starting weight PLUS eight pounds, that's quite a long way from where I am today.

Just thought I'd share my thoughts with those folks who are feeling discouraged. Writing all this down also helps to keep me motivated! I'd love to hear your inspriational ideas as well!

Littlemel
Sponsored Links