View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Fri, Apr-11-03, 22:11

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 152/152/145
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default Calling Koko and Spang...

Just wanted to say thank you both for all your help; you've been MOST kind and helpful. I kept reading the words on the Mendosa site and the NGR about GI and GL, but only after speaking to you guys are things finally beginning to click in me.

So sad about Atkins, hey? Ironic also, that he took such good care of his heart, only to have this accident and sustain HEAD injuries.

Spang, I did read your posts on the GI and GL. You explained it oh so eloquently. You're right, I DID have the NGR book, but I returned it. Maybe that was the wrong decision, but I just thought the Suzanne somers book was a good substitute for MM. I know you think NGR follows the same principles as Montignac, but I can't understand why then, there are so many contradictions between the two. Even in the WEIGHT LOSS section of the NGR, it allows for things MM wouldn't allow for. For instance,

-- Mixing fruit with other foods
-- Sugar is allowed in small doses (in muesli bars, cereals, ice-cream)
-- Fats and carbs are allowed together (i.e. olive oil in humus with pita bread)
-- Potato, corn, raisins and wholemeal bread are allowed, even in the weight loss phase

....just to name a few.

I'm sorry, I just can't put my trust in a diet that allows for REFINED SUGAR (even if that food happens to be low GI). Surely having a low-fat muesli bar, as NGR suggests for a snack (packed with sugar - it's the second ingredient!) can't be good for you. In fact for MANY low fat snacks that NGR allows, in one case sugar was the FIRST ingredient!
Sponsored Links