View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Apr-11-03, 21:41

Plan: atkins/PP
Stats: 490/459/200
BF:
Progress: 11%

Hiya!
To me it's not about losing the weight now.. At first it started out about looking at the scale and seeing the results. I spent the first two weeks on the diet without a scale and broke down and purchased one. Have you felt better since you started? The first hope I got was that my sleeping changed. I went from dead tired at 11 to struggling to go to sleep at midnight. My energy levels skyrocketed and I just felt 'cleaner'. I was spending most evenings watching tv and being lethargic. In two months I've taken up tennis, basketball, fishing, camping, and soon to add biking to my list of activities. Granted I can't compete yet, but I'm eons ahead of where I thought I'd be.

If the weight is an issue, you might possibly consider buying a scale. I bought a Siltec PS500L from www.scalesgalore.com for 184.95. It's expensive, but at the time I thought it was a great investment because I *could* see the numbers move.

If the price range is out, have you tried the Ketostix? they're a very cheap way to tell if you're 'doing' it.
I hope it helps.