View Single Post
  #8   ^
Old Fri, Apr-11-03, 20:02

Plan: carb/calorie cycling
Stats: 187/134/128 Female 1,59m
BF:36%/25%/21%
Progress: 90%

Yannick you misread the message of Shegirl . she said that she was 'bitching' (complaining, interesting that you make a noun into a verb ?) "Thanks for listening to me bitch" ... and I briefly answered "no bitch" in order to say that shygirl had every right in the world to complain!
I would do so too... and actually I did! I moaned and groaned when after 2 months I stalled for the next 2 months... but then I stalled at 32% BF.

Shygirl might have the same problem.. though I think her bodyfat % is quite OK! However, I guess that nobody is ever satisfied with his/her body, right?

I can't say for sure what her problem is, but I guess that shygirl hasn't been eating enough carbs and didn't jack up the caloric intake in the weekend.
As sinful as it seems, it has a purpose to radically increase both the calorie and the carb intake in the weekend: carbs to replenish glycogen stores and calories to shock the body into realizing that 'hey it is not in starvation mode after all' and nudge it to go back to a higher metabolism.

So, it seems that your metabolism has slowed down too much... I'm quite curious to know how many calories you've been eating both during the week and in the weekend!
May I guess that it was less than 10-11 kcal/lb of bw? and that you didn't eat 10x your body weight in grams of carbs on Saturday either?

Now I'm writing this, I think that my own caloric intake during the week may have been too high, so that the extra calories on 'junkday' were overkill.

Just wondering out loud... .

Fietser