#4   ^
Old Fri, Apr-11-03, 16:43
Registered Member

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: //
BF:
Progress: 15%

this is my third go round.

the first time i had just lost my mother and father and i was very depressed, i wasn't very successful because i drank a lot on the weekends. i was a bad boy. i also felt like it was causing me terrible intestinal distress.

after feeling terrible for a while on a regular diet and realizing i would rather have stomach cramps and be on the toilet half the day rather than feeling terrible all the time i went back on. however this time i had moved back to the city, Portland, that i love and i had to adjust to many things, including my teenage kids causing me grief and my uncle passing away. i just buckled quickly and spiraled into depression and binging again.

this is the third time. i actually have the money now to buy a lot of meat and specialty items i never budgeted for before. i also have dealt with my depression and have stopped drinking and partying. Lifting weights is helping as well. i have finally got organized AND I CUT OUT THE SUGAR ALCOHOLS. i didn't know until i started reading about Protein Power and found this site that sugar alcohols were causing my intestinal distress.

i am so content with this diet now. i still feel guilty when i spend a lot on groceries though. but i'm one of those men that likes to shop so i guess i can get used to it. lol.