#14   ^
Old Fri, Apr-11-03, 15:36

Plan: General Low Carb
Stats: 415/338.8/170 Female 177cm
BF:unknown
Progress: 31%

Sorry I want to clarify something stevensond has said

Quote:
one pound of cheese has 16 carbs ... if you can eat 25 carbs a day you can eat quite a bit of cheese

Not if you are in Induction where Dr A says no more than 3-4 oz of cheese per day .... and if you are following the plan he says that most of your carbs should come from your 3 cups of veggies each day, even when you go to OWL's you should be eating more carbs from veggies than from cheese....

Atkins is not a licence to go unlimited cheese, as many people here have said cheese will push some people out of ketosis and into a stall. Its a balanced eating system of getting your carbs mostly from veggies/salad, then dairy etc not the other way around.

Sorry if that sounds like preaching, I'm not trying to do that honest .... I just worry when someone says for example "I've got 25gs of carbs to eat today, I could just eat 4 Fantales (they have 6g carbs each btw) and meat (0 carbs) for the day" - its not the way to do Atkins...

*sigh* maybe I could have written that better but honest I'm not trying to be offensive to anyone ..... please take it that way

Fiona