Old Fri, Apr-11-03, 11:30

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 259/223/148 Female 5'7
BF:No clue
Progress: 32%
Default Re: IMHO

Quote:
Originally posted by Akiwican
I have been doing weight training for a year and l have definately increased my strength alot! I know you only want to tone but I think you should at least be doing more sets and concentrating on certain areas. I go for heavier weights and less reps with 4 or 5 sets. Work upper body one day lower body the next for approx. 45 mins followed by 20 -30 mins HIIT Cardio.

Thanks for all of your responses. How many reps would you suggest? Unfortunately, I only have about 30 minutes a day to do resistance training. I don't want to give up my cardio or my swimming on those days, and to fit everything in with only an hour and a half, I can only do the 30 minutes. I will have to try to come up with some more time in the mornings before work (hard to do when I already get there when they open) or something.

BTW...I don't only want to tone, although that is nice... I also want to increase my strength. Naturally I don't want to be bulky (even if I could), but I don't mind the muscles showing...lol. Until more of this fat goes though...I don't have to worry about that anyway...lol.

Anyway...thanks again and more details would be appreciated

Laura