View Single Post
  #8   ^
Old Fri, Apr-11-03, 09:36

Plan: New Glucose Revolution (ex Montignacer!)
Stats: 155/125/120
BF:
Progress: 86%

MM and NGR are difficult plans to describe if you have not read the books that accompany the plans.

I'll refer you to page 52 / 53 of NGR where they talk about "Does the GI value increase with the serving size"? to paraphrase - YES, it does - GI is a COMPARATIVE index comparing 100 g of 1 food to 100 g of pure glucose. If you eat 200 g of the food - compare that to the GI value of 200 g of glucose.

Right after this paragraph in NGR is one titles "If my blood glucose level is determined by both quantity and quality of the carb in a meal, how can I predict what I'll see?..." where is describes very simply GI and GL.

I don't want to type out exactly what they say considering you have the book, and I don't have the time!

All Bran - again, straight from NGR - average GI 42 (between 30 and 51) GL is 5 - 9. It is ok in small quantities - I wouldn't though. Much nicer to make the delicious muesli recipe that is where? In NGR!

I ALWAYS read the ingredient lables, I NEVER buy anything with High Fructose Corn Syrup - of one of the other fake name sugar in there

Hope this helps